Year 2013 has begun and what better way to start then by participating in the contest organized by Packt Publishing.
Akka Essentials will show you the current challenges with Java Scalability and concurrency model and how Akka’s Actor Model can help you design and build applications that are inherently scalable and fault-tolerant. Whether you are building new applications or want to refactor an existing application, you will learn the right techniques to build and scale up in no time.
This book is aimed at developers, architects who are building large distributed concurrent and scalable applications using Java/Scala.
What you will learn from Akka Essentials:
• Scale up and out your applications using dispatchers and remoting
• Build fault tolerance within your application
• Handle transactions within your application
• Unit test your Akka applications
• Integrate your Akka applications with existing enterprise systems using Zeromq
• Monitor the health of your Akka application
How to Win Akka Essentials
You can enter by writing a comment to this post explaining why you would like to have the book. The contest has already started and will end on January 31st 2013 at 11:59 PM GMT. Winners will be randomly chosen and notified by email, after termination of the contest. Please do not forget to leave your email id in the comment.
The contest is open to everybody in the world, however print copies are only available to residents of the US
Comments are moderated by me, so your comment will not appear immediately.
I wish all the contest participants good luck.